Guinea Pigs/Pregnant guineas with discharge???? What's going on

Hi there I have four guineas in total three girls and one boy

All my girls are pregnant deliberately of course.

The only thing is all the females have a cream coloured discharge coming from their vaginas the discharge is dry at the bottom of the anus and they all smell like they are ovulating
Please help is this normal for a pregnant guinea pig?

Apart from that all are healthy I am treating one of my girls with anti biotics as directed by our family vet..

You don't indicate how far along they are but if they've been in the same cage with the male all at the same time they're likely not all reaching delivery at the same time. My experience has been that my sows seldom get pregnant at the same time with the same male. They seem to deliver about a week to two weeks apart. Presumably because the male sperm count needs time to strengthen before they're fertile enough to impregnate more sows.  

The reason I ask that is that when delivery is very close a sow will begin emitting odors to the boar similar to ovulation and he will start behaving like it's time to breed. I've never noticed a particular discharge during this time, but I don't usually handle the sows when their late into their pregnancy so I may have just not seen it. At this point I generally remove the boar and allow the sow some resting time before the babies arrive.

What you may be seeing is actually dried urine that has left a whitish residue. The pH of the urine can change in pregnancy in both animals and humans. Since they're all healthy, eating and drinking normally I doubt this is a problem to worry about. Appetite is always the number one indicator of health in guinea pigs.  

Guinea Pigs

Pat VanAllen

As is sometimes the case, people in urgent need of information have a higher degree of expectation than those of us as experts are able to give. The experts on this site do their best to give the most accurate and responsible answers possible. We ask that you remember that it is not our intention nor place to criticize the professional advice given by your veterinarian, nor is it appropriate for us to comment on the correctness of a diagnosis made by a licensed physician. Our knowledge is experience based. Although many years of breeding and showing cavies gives me a wealth of experience it cannot change the fact that we as experts are not veterinarians and therefore may occasionally have to reject questions that appear to be asking us to criticize advice given by the licensed professional. Having raised and exhibited cavies for many years I have extensive experience in cavy care and husbandry. I currently have an active breeding program for pedigreed show animals but do not encourage backyard breeding for inexperienced owners. Although I don't encourage breeding for fun I'm always happy to answer any questions from an owner who is in sincere need of help. Pet owners wanting to breed should understand that even experienced breeders have litter losses. The mortality rate is high in cavies. The chance for losing both sow and pups is always present, even with experience. Although this is a site for experts to assist owners, there is no expert in any field who has all the answers. The wisest thing a good expert can know is their limitations. Not having an answer does not diminish one's ability or knowledge. It simply shows that we recognize our limitations and operate within them.

Raised and shown cavies for many years, having aquired my first cavies in the early 1970's as pets. My caviary currently handles 65 + animals in two different breeds and several varieties. Having been in the health care industry as a licensed nurse for 35 years I have hands on experience with care and needs in both humans and cavies. Member of American Rabbit Breeders Association and American Cavy Breeders Association.

Awarded Lifetime Membership in of one of the oldest cavy clubs in the United States, on whose Board I served as Sec/Treas for six years and currently serving as President. Also editor/publisher of the club's quarterly newsletter. We are strong supporters of our youth exhibitors, most of whom are 4H members who are working on cavy projects. Through these projects they become good responsible citizens. We deal with all aspects of showing, breeding, caring for and sharing experiences in the fancy. The cavy fancy is not a new one but in some areas is still relatively unknown. Our goal is to inspire interest in high quality, responsible breeding to improve the species, not just the reproduction of guinea pigs. Our job is to educate owners to help them make the right decisions and choices in the care of their cavies.

Graduate in nursing. Certified in emergency medicine.