Guinea Pigs/guinea pig behavior

Question
I have a guinea pig and I got her from my friend the 20th of this month and I don't know alot about Guinea Pigs...but she is so cute!!! So heres my first question! 1.) Why does she seem scared when I take her out of the cage to give her lap time? 2.)When I walk by the cage sometimes she will put her nose up to the bars of the cage and make cut little noises 3.)Do piggies like to cuddle, if so how do I get mine to cuddle with me? And any other tips you can give me about piggies would be helpfull..!

Answer
ok il answer in order
1 guinea pigs are by nature scardy cats, they are prey animals and are as a result terrified of everything, there one defence is flight, this ill lessen over time.
2. this is mainly due to wanting interaction with you and/or food, the wheeking is excitment, its a good normal reaction.
3. piggies like being stroked and will snooze on your lap if they trust you but his takes a long time to build up this level of trust.

honestly you sound like your doing the right thing, keep her around you, ideally living room, take hr out and fuss her and over time she will seem more like  a cat than a pig

best of luck

Guinea Pigs

Sam Amison