Guinea Pigs/Is it normale that my guinea pig growls at his cagemate?

Hello I'm alison
I would really like to now if I should be concerned about my male guinea pig ((Gizmo)becase I sometimes catch him growling at his cage mate (Neo) I m scared one day it won't be just a growl that it might be a bite!
If you have any advise I would be more than gratful thank you!!!
And also how often do I need to bath them( there long haired ) but I now that you should  brush them almost every day!

a purr is common and normal teeth chattering is the threatening noise, by you saying growling to me it all sounds like normal dominence behaviour, as long as they are not biting one another (which they would have done by now) then i doubt you have anything to worry about

all the best please comtatc me again if you have any further questions or problems.

Guinea Pigs

Sam Amison

I can answer most questions on breeding rearing and housing, though I would like to stress now that unless someone is wishing to keep all the offspring produced I do not support breeding. I have reasonable experience with illnesses and can offer a few remedies. I have a high level of knowledge on handling, social habits, herding and dietry requirements, as well as being able to deliver a crash course in their natural habitat if people wish to know.

I have owned guinea pigs for several years and was formerly a fosterer for a rescue home and as such have experience with common illnesses, pairing, constructing and managing housing and of course handling (also having just moved I am going to resume a rescue role shortly) and have in the past bred them.

I am a member of the Cavy Club website.

None relavent to this topic.

I do not possess any credentials in this area other than charitable work, but I have worked with what must be hundreds of guinea pigs in the past and as such have learned a lot about the little blighters!

None relavent to this topic.