Guinea Pigs/guineapigs

my name is Jenna. i have asked about treats for belle and pepper on 11/15/2012. Well, on 12/30/12 I went to get a towel. I put it on the couch. and i went to get pepper and she looked like she was sleeping. so i opened the door to the cage and pepper didn't move. so i graved a flashlight. i turned it on and her eyes were clouded.I poked her and she was hard.I think she died in her sleep. now belle hasn't eaten since. how can i get her to eat?

fuss her and spend time with her, guinea pigs mourn, getting a replacement pig might also help, or might do anything, for now she is going to be more familiar with you, if she feels socialised she is more lkely to eat, try grooming her with a few treats in her reach.

best of luck.

Guinea Pigs

Sam Amison

I can answer most questions on breeding rearing and housing, though I would like to stress now that unless someone is wishing to keep all the offspring produced I do not support breeding. I have reasonable experience with illnesses and can offer a few remedies. I have a high level of knowledge on handling, social habits, herding and dietry requirements, as well as being able to deliver a crash course in their natural habitat if people wish to know.

I have owned guinea pigs for several years and was formerly a fosterer for a rescue home and as such have experience with common illnesses, pairing, constructing and managing housing and of course handling (also having just moved I am going to resume a rescue role shortly) and have in the past bred them.

I am a member of the Cavy Club website.

None relavent to this topic.

I do not possess any credentials in this area other than charitable work, but I have worked with what must be hundreds of guinea pigs in the past and as such have learned a lot about the little blighters!

None relavent to this topic.