Guinea Pigs/Help

Question
Guinea pig
Guinea pig  
Hi, I have a huge problem and I need a desperate help.
In the image that I posted is a part of my guinea pig hair. The problem started 1 month ago, he stared to scratch a lot and his hair is falling like crazy. I took him on a vet and he started with some injections, but it did't help. Than he gave us some shampoo and a cream. we were giving him a treatment for 2 week and it doesn't have any results.He also has something like dandruff on his skin. I am really afraid for him because in my country there is no vet that is specialist for guinea pig. Can you give me some advise. Thanks in advance, I am really looking forward for your answer.

Answer
Adams dip
Adams dip  
There's a good possibility that your pig has got mites. It's unusual for the hair to just fall out, so I'm wondering if the pig just scratched what was probably a scabby area and it knocked off the scab.  

You didn't say what kind of injections your vet gave, but I'm thinking it may have been Ivermectin which is frequently used for parasites. It's actually made for worming horses, but works well for mites in guinea pigs.

I don't know what kind of pet products you have available where you live, but if you're able to get some Adams dip it may possibly help. Obviously this is a longhaired pig judging by the length of the chunk of hair. I would give him a good haircut, as close as you can. Then try to get some Adams dip to treat him.  

You don't say if the vet thought this might be a type of mange. The dandruff is fairly common in coated pigs, meaning those with longer hair. You should be able to purchase some Adams through the internet.

Here's a picture for you to see so you know what you're looking for.  

Guinea Pigs

Pat VanAllen