Guinea Pigs/Spinach?

Question
I first got my guinea pig about a year ago.  She would NOT eat ANYTHING! (Greens wise) I tried everything. Celery ,Cilantro ,Parsley ,Red Leaf Lettuce and Spinach. She only ate the spinach. That's all the green i fed her for a whole year. She's been fine with checkups. but now that i know that spinach causes kidney stones what do i do? i tried taking her off but she doesn't eat ANYTHING else!!!! Nothing accept apples which we only give her twice a week. and when she doesn't have spinach she takes her bowl in her teeth and clanks it on her hay dish. :( Please help thanks in advance!

Answer
Animals will not starve themselves. If you just put a dish of pellets in her cage she will eat them. Don't give her anything else but pellets and hay. When she gets hungry she will eat.

Parents often tell that about their toddlers, that they won't eat anything but junk food. I usually ask if the child has his/her own car and money to go to the store to buy it! Of course not.  Even a baby, when they are hungry they will eat what's available. It may take some retraining on the parents part, but the child will eat what is served.  

Guinea Pigs

Pat VanAllen