Guinea Pigs/cant tell if sick or not.

Question
I just got my first guinea pig.  4  days ago. Yesterday I noticed he's been sneezing a lot and his nose is just a little bit crusty. From what I've seen he's been eating and drinking fine. He loves carrots and has been eating those none stop.  He's fairly active. But I'm sure he would be more jumpy if he had a friend. I got him from petsmart and I'm about to take him back there in a couple of hours to see what they say. Is this something I should be worried about? I've been reading a lot on line that it could be a URI and if its caught early enough it can be treated. Should I be worried?

Answer
I would definitely call Petsmart and tell them the pig has a crusty nose. He may have caught a virus in the transport process to the store. This happens too often, especially with very small pigs.

They usually have a guarantee of health when they sell and animal. So call them right away and ask how long that is. If he's eating and drinking okay and is active he may be just fine. Their appetite is always the best indicator of how they're feeling.  

Guinea Pigs

Pat VanAllen