Guinea Pigs/help my guinea pig is fighting my other constantly

help!!! so i got a guinea pig at the pet co she is so sweet but she would not eat or drink! so we brought her back to pet co for a vet check up she was sick she would not be able to go home for a month!! so we got another guinea pig (one month later) we picked her up and brought her home i tried to get them to like each-other buy letting them play together but when i try to put them in there cage but the other guinea pig will fight her i have to pin the other guinea pig down just to get her off of her now my old guinea pig has to live in a tiny carrying case because i cant get a new cage please please!!!!! help!!!
(one more thing the new guinea pig is pregnant and they live out side in a heated cage)

okay, first things first you need to try some bonding techniques,

try driving them around in a car in a box together, this scares them together in a sense.
you can give them a bath using guinea pig freidnly shampoo, this removes their own smells and allows them to get used to the other new pigs smell, plus it doubles up as a scary experience to make them bond,when you are doing this you should also clean out the cage with some watered down disinfectant.

try these, for a week or so and each time afterwards try placeing them together in a neutral place, like say a run in the garden that neither has been in before.
after a week if they seem to be getting on okay then try them in the cage together.

if this does not work them please get back to me and ill see what else i can think of

all the best

Guinea Pigs

Sam Amison

I can answer most questions on breeding rearing and housing, though I would like to stress now that unless someone is wishing to keep all the offspring produced I do not support breeding. I have reasonable experience with illnesses and can offer a few remedies. I have a high level of knowledge on handling, social habits, herding and dietry requirements, as well as being able to deliver a crash course in their natural habitat if people wish to know.

I have owned guinea pigs for several years and was formerly a fosterer for a rescue home and as such have experience with common illnesses, pairing, constructing and managing housing and of course handling (also having just moved I am going to resume a rescue role shortly) and have in the past bred them.

I am a member of the Cavy Club website.

None relavent to this topic.

I do not possess any credentials in this area other than charitable work, but I have worked with what must be hundreds of guinea pigs in the past and as such have learned a lot about the little blighters!

None relavent to this topic.