Guinea Pigs/sick guineapig

my guineapig sounds like he is weezing when breathing and sneezes an when he does white stuff comes out. please help me.

most probably this is a respitory problem, if you use sawdust then please stop, shake hay well before placing it in the cage/hutch so there are no dust particles. if you keep him in a humid or drafty place then move him to somewhere still warm and dry. hopefully he will over time begin to show signs of getting better, if he shows signs of it getting worse then i would get him down to the vets pronto.

Guinea Pigs

Sam Amison

I can answer most questions on breeding rearing and housing, though I would like to stress now that unless someone is wishing to keep all the offspring produced I do not support breeding. I have reasonable experience with illnesses and can offer a few remedies. I have a high level of knowledge on handling, social habits, herding and dietry requirements, as well as being able to deliver a crash course in their natural habitat if people wish to know.

I have owned guinea pigs for several years and was formerly a fosterer for a rescue home and as such have experience with common illnesses, pairing, constructing and managing housing and of course handling (also having just moved I am going to resume a rescue role shortly) and have in the past bred them.

I am a member of the Cavy Club website.

None relavent to this topic.

I do not possess any credentials in this area other than charitable work, but I have worked with what must be hundreds of guinea pigs in the past and as such have learned a lot about the little blighters!

None relavent to this topic.