Guinea Pigs/stokes in guineapigs

hi im sorry to bother you but my gorgeous sow guineapig had an operation to remove two rather large cysts on her overies shes nearly 7 shes not really eating much and not dinking much.i dont know weather its because of her op that she seems to be on one side and cant walk properly do you think it could be a stoke shes on antibiotics and metacam for pain releif.please email as soon as poss. thankyou deb.

All i can suggest is get her to a vet quickly, preferably a differnt vet to the one that operated just to have her checked over, guinea pigs deterioriate quite quickly when they are not eating so the sooner the better really

sorry i cannot be more useful but without seeing the guinea pig i wokuldnt like to give you any suggestions.

best of luck hope she does alright

Guinea Pigs

Sam Amison

I can answer most questions on breeding rearing and housing, though I would like to stress now that unless someone is wishing to keep all the offspring produced I do not support breeding. I have reasonable experience with illnesses and can offer a few remedies. I have a high level of knowledge on handling, social habits, herding and dietry requirements, as well as being able to deliver a crash course in their natural habitat if people wish to know.

I have owned guinea pigs for several years and was formerly a fosterer for a rescue home and as such have experience with common illnesses, pairing, constructing and managing housing and of course handling (also having just moved I am going to resume a rescue role shortly) and have in the past bred them.

I am a member of the Cavy Club website.

None relavent to this topic.

I do not possess any credentials in this area other than charitable work, but I have worked with what must be hundreds of guinea pigs in the past and as such have learned a lot about the little blighters!

None relavent to this topic.