Guinea Pigs/Guinea pig looks like she has something stuck in her throat

Question
My guinea pig started,well it's hard to explain, sort of like retching, but not quite. She looks like she's trying to bring something up and is moving her mouth open wide in attempt to get something out of her mouth.

I've looked inside her mouth but I can't see anything, she does it about every 5 minutes or so.. I'm really worried about her.

How do you suggest I help her?

I can't take her to the vet right now because it's almost midnight..

She's really alert still and wants to have a run around on the floor, I don't want to go to bed and leave her like it incase the worst happens.. :(

Hopefully you are available now to answer this question.

Thank you so much.

Melissa

Answer
I've had my pigs do that on occasion but it wasn't anything that needed treatment. If she continues and refuses to eat she needs to be examined by the vet. But it could be that she got a piece of hay or a veggie that was difficult to swallow. If she's eating and drinking she's fine.

Guinea Pigs

Pat VanAllen