Guinea Pigs/Guinea pig Screaming

Question
Ginger and Wynter
Ginger and Wynter  
QUESTION: I  have two female guinea pigs. Ginger is 1 year old, and Wynter is 7 months old. They have been together for 4 months now with no problems until about a week ago.
 Wynter will run up to Ginger and weeeek/squak real loud in Gingers face, and sometimes nip at her. Where ever Ginger goes, Wynter follows her, most times chasing her away.
 I take them out together often. They love to play and run on my bed. When they are on the bed, Ginger is the one that is always following Wynter and grooming her. I am puzzled, and worried, do I have to separate them for good, or is this a faze?
  I thought it would pass, Wynter was in heat, but doesnt seem to be anymore (I think)

ANSWER: First let me tell you they are both adorable.  

Wynter's behavior is just play as she's trying to engage Ginger just as a puppy will do to another dog to entice them to play 'catch me if you can'. Naturally Ginger, being older, just isn't always amused.  

Nothing to worry about, this is normal juvenile behavior.

QUESTION: Thank you so much for replying so fast.
 Do you think Wynter will calm down soon? I feel bad for Ginger.

Answer
Yes, she will calm down. Don't feel bad for Ginger. It's human nature to want to put human emotions on animals, but they don't feel about things the way we do. For instance if an animal has a handicap they don't feel sorry for themselves. They just adjust their lifestyle to live with it. If Ginger really doesn't like it she will let Wynter know in no uncertain terms.

Wynter is still a bit of a youngster, however she is old enough to be in heat and just may be doing this as well. Sows come into 'estrus' every couple of weeks but it only lasts for a day or so, sometimes maybe three days. She could be just exhibiting this silly behavior because she doesn't know what else to do. In any event they will work it out and you won't need to separate them.  

Guinea Pigs

Pat VanAllen