Guinea Pigs/My guinea pig is sick

Question
my guinea pig has lost a lot of weight in the last few days, I tried feeding her and she wont eat. She also will not drink unless I force her to. She isn't active like she was previously either. I have given her a very small dose of diluted aspirin. what does she have and how can i help her?

Answer
First of all I apologize for not having been able to answer your question as soon as you wrote. I have made a major move from one part of the country to the other and did not have Internet access until now.  Please forgive me.

I'm so sorry about your pig being ill. I'm afraid to ask if she is still with you as the symptoms you describe are those of a very ill animal. You did not mention her age, and typically if she is an older pig (over 4)she may have been exhibiting signs of old age and is telling you she has come to her end.

Weight loss and refusal to eat is almost always a fatal sign. When they get to the point they refuse food or water there is generally nothing you can do to reverse that. Again, I am so sorry I was not able to write you back sooner.

Guinea Pigs

Pat VanAllen