Guitar - General/Present value of my 1977 B C Rich Eagle

mrdibs wrote at 2010-09-15 14:11:28
it has been my understanding that these guitars were in high demand during that time period and that they were actually producing guitars for the orders and years ahead during 77.  i was made aware that my guitar which is also a 78 eagle supreme, was actually manufactured in 77 and has the 77 in its serial number. i actually believe that what you have is a guitar made in 77 for sale in 78 as a 78. but that is neither here nor there.  i learned in looking for info on mine originally that there are also add ons to that base value.  binding on the body, neck and headstock are all aditional add ons.  the actives and each of its switches are add ons.  the clear finish and then the type of wood finished are also add ons.  as mentioned previously, the pick ups are important to maintaining its value and by the way the factory tuners if they are cloud shaped are an additional add on.  there is a lot of info out there about the history of these guitars and i have been in touch with bc themselves and have found them helpful in finding info about some things.  they did tell me that for that era there were problems with some of the record keeping as Bernie rico was at the time very busy building and such.  anyway though some of this might be of interest.  i would love to see more pics of yours and think you might  also appreciate mine which is clear finish over birds eye maple, fully bound with cloud inlays and tuners and original pickups.  hope it all helps as i know how much i value info about mine...

jimash wrote at 2012-11-27 01:04:15
It is not a supreme it is a deluxe.

And they pretty much all had the electronics.

And all were hand carved. Even the plastic bits were hand made.

Guitar - General

Lynne May

Any question relating to guitar playing: scales, chords, music theory, arpeggios, soloing, chord progressions, key signatures, buying a guitar, guitar tabs, writing guitar music, musical styles including rock, blues and classical. I can no longer answer questions as to the value of a guitar. Please do not flag your question as "Private", as this prevents other readers from benefiting. I will no longer answer "private" questions.

I have played guitar for 30 years. Fifteen years of that time I spent traveling nationwide as a performer. I have owned and operated May Music Studio in Washington state for the last 20 years. I also teach piano and drums. Recently I have started a website which provides absolutely free music lessons:

Publications expert author

Bachelor of Arts, Master of Arts