Guitar - General/GUITAR PICKUP

Question
Hello Mr. Doctor

I am an moderate level guitar player. I want to put an electronic pickup on my custom solid top classical guitar. I have selected these two models of pickup, one is piezo & other is microphone type. Which is better in case of sound output & projection.?? kindly help me.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/632221786/5Band_Acoustic_Guitar_Equalizer_EQ_L

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/421055976/High_quality_5_Band_EQ_Equalizer.htm

Thanking you in anticipation.

Answer
Hello,

Ultimately, it is up to you which one you prefer and the context of the music that you will be performing on the instrument. Determining which option is better is purely a matter of opinion. There could be several components and settings that factor into the overall sound output and projection. Neither type is without its own limitations. There is limited information available on those two webpages that you provided, so I cannot respond with regard to those exact items. If you want it to only include the sound from the vibration of the strings, then go with the piezo for the contact effect. If you want to include the acoustics and ambient sounds produced from the guitar itself, then go with the internal mic.

Best of luck.

Guitar - General

The Doctor