Guitar - General/GUITAR PICKUP

Hello Mr. Doctor

I am an moderate level guitar player. I want to put an electronic pickup on my custom solid top classical guitar. I have selected these two models of pickup, one is piezo & other is microphone type. Which is better in case of sound output & projection.?? kindly help me.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Ultimately, it is up to you which one you prefer and the context of the music that you will be performing on the instrument. Determining which option is better is purely a matter of opinion. There could be several components and settings that factor into the overall sound output and projection. Neither type is without its own limitations. There is limited information available on those two webpages that you provided, so I cannot respond with regard to those exact items. If you want it to only include the sound from the vibration of the strings, then go with the piezo for the contact effect. If you want to include the acoustics and ambient sounds produced from the guitar itself, then go with the internal mic.

Best of luck.

Guitar - General

The Doctor

I answer a variety of guitar related questions. I have multiple music degrees and years of experience in the field.

When asking your question:
1. Please be clear in your message.
2. Provide actual question(s).
3. Please keep it short and concise.
4. Save my one-question-per-day for someone else if you can find the answer on your own.

Please, *no* questions regarding: serial numbers, appraisals, pricing, value, restorations, or when a particular instrument was made. I do *not* answer those questions. Thank you.

15 years professional experience.