Guitar - General/How Can I Improve My Guitar Playing When I have Limited Time?

uncle duke wrote at 2013-05-08 01:20:35
What you need to do is to find at least one player in your area that considers himself a "shreddar" type of player. One who knows he good but remains humble is who your looking for. When you get to know the player or players well enough start pecking him/them for any guitar playing tips you can get. You'll find out soon enough if you want to be a player or not. If you are learning acoustic or you're a female player obviously the above method may not be for you. But if electric is what you're playing and you're not sure if you can make time to get better, finding a better player like mentioned above will help with your dedication issues. You are your own worst enemy here. Good luck.

Guitar - General

Lynne May

Any question relating to guitar playing: scales, chords, music theory, arpeggios, soloing, chord progressions, key signatures, buying a guitar, guitar tabs, writing guitar music, musical styles including rock, blues and classical. I can no longer answer questions as to the value of a guitar. Please do not flag your question as "Private", as this prevents other readers from benefiting. I will no longer answer "private" questions.

I have played guitar for 30 years. Fifteen years of that time I spent traveling nationwide as a performer. I have owned and operated May Music Studio in Washington state for the last 20 years. I also teach piano and drums. Recently I have started a website which provides absolutely free music lessons:

Publications expert author

Bachelor of Arts, Master of Arts