Guitar - General/Dating My Gibson Guitar

I have just purchased a Gibson acoustic guitar which has the six digit serial number 804565 stamped on the back of the top. Can you help identify and date and style of this guitar, thanks

Hi, Myles--

The serial number indicates that your guitar was made at the
Kalamazoo or Nashville Plant, USA in 1974 or 1975.

Unfortunately, Gibson serial numbers do not give us information as to the model of the guitar.

May Music Studio  

Guitar - General

Lynne May

Any question relating to guitar playing: scales, chords, music theory, arpeggios, soloing, chord progressions, key signatures, buying a guitar, guitar tabs, writing guitar music, musical styles including rock, blues and classical. I can no longer answer questions as to the value of a guitar. Please do not flag your question as "Private", as this prevents other readers from benefiting. I will no longer answer "private" questions.

I have played guitar for 30 years. Fifteen years of that time I spent traveling nationwide as a performer. I have owned and operated May Music Studio in Washington state for the last 20 years. I also teach piano and drums. Recently I have started a website which provides absolutely free music lessons:

Publications expert author

Bachelor of Arts, Master of Arts