Guitar - General/Engraving on guitars

Question
Luna Americana eagle guitar
Luna Americana eagle g  
QUESTION: I found a luna guitar recently and It has an eagle engraved on the bottom side of the sound hole. I've decided that if I bought this guitar there is a bible verse I want to get engraved on it. Would this change the sound of the guitar? And how much could this cost?  I was going to engrave it above the sound hole on the front of the body if I get it. If I can't get it there, is there anywhere else I could get it engraved.
-thanks

ANSWER: Hey Nathan, nice guitar man! You can get it engraved pretty much anywhere without changing the sound. I have no idea how much it would cost, but I would suggest that you make sure to have it done by a pro. You'll pay more, but you'll be sure to like the results. If you try to save money on something like that, you may not get exactly what you had in mind. (If you get my drift) Hope that helps bro. Good luck & if you get it done, send me a photo!
Peace - J.

QUESTION: Alright thanks! I e-mailed the company asking about it and they said because it has a gloss finish on it, it could possibly break the finish which would mar the finish. Any suggestions? They suggested air brush, but I really think that getting it engraved would look much better.
thanks again
-Nathan

Answer
Hey Nathan, if you find an engraver that uses a wood burning technique, the finish should be fine. I'd leave those decisions to a guy who engraves for a living as opposed to the guitar company as he will undoubtedly know best.Send me a pic when you get it done man!
Peace - J.

Guitar - General

Jason Fryer