Guitar - General/My Guitar

Question
My acoustic
My acoustic  
Hello,
My name is Holly. I have this acoustic guitar that was in my grandparent's house for years. I have no idea what kind of guitar it is or what year it is from. I have attached a picture of my guitar. The model no. is G425.
Will you help me identify what type of guitar this is?

Answer
Hi, Holly!  The picture, though welcome, is a bit blurry on my end, so I cannot make out what is on the headstock.  Is that writing of some sort, or just decoration?  Also, if you can find a serial number, that would be a huge help.  This can often be found on the inside of the soundhole.  If you could let me know what you find, I may be better equipped to get some information on your instrument!

Guitar - General

J Ross Smith