Guitar - General/Help with this tabulature

Question
Eh man I'm trying to figure out this tabulature for the E Blues scale with the root on the fifth string:

http://guitar.about.com/od/specificlessons/ss/How-To-Play-The-E-Blues-Scale-On-G

The only problem is that if you look at the notes marked on the fifth string (A string) of that tab, it doesn't include the fucking E note (root note)!! Now i've found other tab scales for E blues that i can make sense of and anyways I know the notes for the E blues scale anyways so it isn't a big deal but this is bugging me out.

Is this tab wrong or am I completely retarded? Thanks for helping me out, man.

Answer
If I'm not mistaken that guitar chart shows the tonic (E) on the 7th fret on the A string which is the E. The "7" means that this is starting from the seventh fret. So you still have the root, you're just starting at another position on a different string. I hope this clears things up for you! If not, follow up or ask another question and I'd be happy to answer!

Frank

Guitar - General

Frank A Dornay Jr