Guitar - General/What cabinet for my Redbear

Question
The story of my Redbear MKE 120 head is long and I wont bore with you with it. I love the head and have had for a long time but for reason I wont go into I have a problem with the crap cabinet I have had to use for it for the last year. I have a 16 ohm 4x12 Crate cabinet. The bottom two seapkers are the original 15w speakers while the top two are different. One is a 20w celestion speaker and the other is a vintage Univox 25w Promag. If I am hearing what I think I am all the speakers are breaking up except the Univox Promag. I know that the mixing of wattage is bad and the amp is too much for it but even at a quiet volume the speakers are breaking up. The speakers aren't blown, yet but they will because I blew the top two the day I bought the cab. Im not new to guitar gear just been broke enough over the last ten years of playing that I was never in a position where I could really choose my gear wisely.I am really just looking for a cabinet that wont blow up on me. My question probably sounds stupid but will any 120w 16ohm cab I buy be fine for this head or is there something I don't know? And by fine I mean power handling not tonally.

Answer
Hi, Kyle!  There are a number of cabinets you can use to fix your issues; they don't have to be expensive.  My favorite 4x12 cabs are the B-52 cabs built for the AT-100 Triple Rectifier head; they handle a ton of power and have switchable impedance to run at 4, 8, or 16 Ohms.  They can also be run stereo.  Here in the US, we can find them pretty cheap, too; it's not uncommon to find used ones for in the $200 range.  It's a solid-built cab and made of 13-ply birch.  For the money, they're the best I've ever used in terms of versatility.  I'd suggest searching used on sites like Ebay and at GuitarCenter.com (GC has a lot of used gear online).  This will give you enough power so that you don't have to risk blowing up speakers when you play and you can get really loud without any speaker breakup.  

Guitar - General

J Ross Smith