Guitar - General/guitar recording

Question
HELLO SIR,
I'M A LITTLE BIT CONFUSED AND I DO NEED YOUR HELP.I'M AN AMATEUR GUITAR PLAYER AND I PLAY JUST FOR FUN.I WANT TO BUY A NEW ( CLASSICAL ELECTRIC USB GUITAR FOR $299.00) AND START RECORDING MYSELF PLAYING.
WHICH ONE WILL SOUND BETTER ?
A CLASSICAL USB GUITAR (RECORD DIRECT TO MY PC) OR A CLASSICAL GUITAR WITH A MICROPHONE ?
I THINK BYING A MICROPHONE WILL COST ME MORER...I WANT TO DO THAT THE CHEAPEST WAY...
THANKS A LOT AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

Answer
Hi Med!

I can definitely understand your quandry, but I think the REAL solution here is quality, not quantity. I understand that you are on a budget, but it is my belief that you can get a good sound with a microphone near the sound hole for best results. I just am not sure if the 1/4" input off a transducer, so it really depends on how you plan on adjusting the final mix of your guitar (if that's really a concern). Using the USB cable helps in amplification, but thus far in my research you seem to sacrifice tone. So there are decent mics that cost maybe $100 or so that will help you record. Good luck!

Frank

Guitar - General

Frank A Dornay Jr