Guitar - General/Right Guitar Upgrade

Good day sir.

I would just like to ask for an opinion regarding what guitar should i upgrade to. currently i have a Fender Squier Standard Stratocaster and im planning to upgrade on a Dean Evo XM. Would it be fine to do the upgrade? if not can you guys suggest a good but cheap guitar.

Hey Zach, I've never played Deans, so I can't really answer that question with any degree of certainty. I believe that you get what you pay for, & I also believe that if you're really serious about playing guitar that you should save up your money & get something nice as it will play & sound better & you'll be more inspired & motivated to practice & play. That all being said, even if it's cheap, it can't be all that bad & I'm sure if I were handed it I'd be able to get through a show with it if I had to, so if you like it & saving up for something killer is not in the cards for you, then go for it. It never hurts to have a couple of extra guitars kicking around anyways! Hope that helps bro., if you need anything else, just drop me a line.
Peace - J.

Guitar - General

Jason Fryer

Jason Fryer is a Canadian musician, producer, recording engineer & music instructor. Born in Montreal, Quebec, he attended the Musician's Professional Workshop on scholarship from Montreal radio station CHOM FM, studied Classical Music & Art at Vanier College, & holds a degree from Herzing Institute in Micro Computer Electronics. A veteran of the Canadian Music Scene, Jason has had the honour of playing with some of Canada’s finest musicians. Juno & Maple Blues award winning artists such as Jerome Godboo, Eric Shenkman, Jerry Mercer, Steve Marriner & Matt Sobb, Al Wood, Murray Kinsley, Leigh-Anne Stanton, Rod Williams, Thomas Starwalker Clair, David Maracle, Greg Morency, Scott Price, Simon Meilleur & Bobby Watt are but a few of the many Canadian greats Jason has enjoyed sharing the stage with. He has also had the rare & esteemed privilege to work with & study under legendary producer/engineer & former V.P. of Island Records Rob Fraboni. (Bob Dylan, The Band, Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, The Rolling Stones, The Beach Boys, Joe Cocker, Bonnie Raitt) Rob's generosity in sharing his vast & expansive degree of knowledge & expertise in the field of sound recording has been an invaluable asset to Jason's development as a producer & recording engineer.

I have been playing guitar for over 30 years & tour regularly with my band River City Junction. We play a mix of Blues, Jazz, Funk, Motown, R&B & Classic Rock so I can help answer any questions related to these genres as well. I also have extensive experience using many different brands of guitars, amplifiers & effects. I do most of my own work on my guitars, & I also build & repair my own pedals & tube amps, so I can help with questions of a technical nature with regards to these subjects as well.

River CIty Junction Tone King Records

Musician's Professional Workshop Scholarship (CHOM FM)
Vanier College (Classical Music - Guitar)
Herzing Institute (Micro-Computer Electronics)
Have taken numerous online courses in recording/engineering