Guitar - General/Takamine Guitar--Where Manufactured?

Hello, My name is Path I live in Thailand. I want to buy Takamine guitar. How do I know which Takamine guitar was made in Japan,China or other? Can I see from serial or code on guitar body?
Thank you

Hi, Path--

If you can determine the model name or number of a specific guitar then you can look in the Blue Book of Guitars to find out the country of manufacture. You could also try doing an internet search for the specific model and possibly find out where that model was manufactured.

May Music Studio

Guitar - General

Lynne May

Any question relating to guitar playing: scales, chords, music theory, arpeggios, soloing, chord progressions, key signatures, buying a guitar, guitar tabs, writing guitar music, musical styles including rock, blues and classical. I can no longer answer questions as to the value of a guitar. Please do not flag your question as "Private", as this prevents other readers from benefiting. I will no longer answer "private" questions.

I have played guitar for 30 years. Fifteen years of that time I spent traveling nationwide as a performer. I have owned and operated May Music Studio in Washington state for the last 20 years. I also teach piano and drums. Recently I have started a website which provides absolutely free music lessons:

Publications expert author

Bachelor of Arts, Master of Arts