Guitar - General/Guitar value

Question
I have a Fender Bass guitar and would like to know its value. Can you tell me if you know or can find out. It is a Colonado I and the serial no. is 207825. I might have a chance to sell it but want to know the value so I don't take a beating on it.

Answer
Hi, Frank!  Due to the high volume of "value" and appraisal questions I receive regularly, and how research-intensive and time consuming it can be to provide this information, I have written an article that is intended to assist readers in finding information on their own more easily:  not only for one instrument, but for others as well.  I provide this rather than simply "rejecting" the answer (as many of our panelists do).

Here is the link to that article:  

http://music-musicians.knoji.com/j-ross-smiths-appraisal-guide-how-to-research-t

I think you'll find information here that will assist you.  I cannot, however, give you an official appraisal of this instrument. (For your purposes, I'd suggest using the Blue Book information you'll find there.)  I'll also provide you with Fender's direct contact information in the event you choose to go directly to the manufacturer of the instrument:

FENDER MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS CORPORATION
17600 N. PERIMETER DRIVE, SUITE 100
SCOTTSDALE, AZ 85255
USA

Consumer Direct Phone: 800.856.9801
Email: consumerrelations@fender.com

Phone: 480.596.9690
Fax: 480.596.1384

I sincerely hope this helps you find what you need!  

Guitar - General

J Ross Smith