Guitar - General/I found this old Hohner bass and would like to know it's value

Question
It was made in Japan and impossible to tell how old it is due to the weathering from the shed it was in. The serial number is 75292. I am wondering if it would be worth restoring the original parts also. Please RSVP

Answer
Hi JP!

Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to figure out if your diamond in the rough is worth restoring without a visual inspection.  I think before any value or anything can be put on it, it would have to be looked over very thoroughly, just to make sure. If it's been sitting in a shed, the neck could have warped which would cost some serious money to repair if it got bad enough. So my advice is to go to your local guitar store and have them check it out. They will be able to tell you if it's worth restoring or maybe just upgrading if you want to keep the guitar. I cannot guarantee it will be worth anything from the lack of description, but there you go. I hope you have a great holiday season!

Frank

Guitar - General

Frank A Dornay Jr