Guitar - General/help plz!

Question
dixon
dixon  

dixon
dixon  
I'm not asking how much this is worth, all I would like to know is what it was designed for, is it studio or live sound, all ik is that its a Dixon and it is rear(I thank) because I can't find any thing on the interweb.. So if you could plz help a collector find out more about his collection it would be very much appreciated

Thank you, matt rochester

Answer
Hi, Matt!  You're right; there is precious little information available on Dixon Guitars at-large.  Here is what the Blue Book has to say:

"Guitars previously produced in Japan, Korea, and/or China between the 1960s and the 1990s.
The Dixon trademark has probably been used on a variety of different guitars and manufacturers. Catalogs exist from the 1960s, 1980s, and 1990s and most indicate that the instruments were built in either Japan or Korea. In the mid-1980s, Dixon guitars were distributed by the Reliance International Corp. in Taiwan. Regardless of where Dixon instruments came from, they are largely copies of popular American designs. Any further information on the Dixon trademark can be submitted directly to Blue Book Publications."

If you can find a model number (you might have to look in the neck pocket for any numbers) or a serial number on the guitar, I'd suggest submitting the information to the Blue Book at the following link:

http://bluebookofguitarvalues.com/Electric_Guitar_Values/Manufacturers/DIXON?id=

I hope this helps!

Guitar - General

J Ross Smith