Guitar - General/Airline acoustic guitar

I recently came across an Airline acoustic guiter.  The body is not symmetrical at the neck; one side curves in to allow for the player to play high up the neck, which I have seen only on electric models.  The serial number L3618 8224 is stamped on the inside of the body.  It has a sunburst back and pick guard.  Any information you can give me about its collectibility and/or value would be very much appreciated.
Thanks, Nancy

Hello Nancy,
Thanks for your question.
The asymmetrical design of this guitar is what's known as a cutaway design.  It's not very traditional, but it is reasonably common on acoustic guitars.
As for this particular's not one I'm personally familar with.  As a general rule though I tend not to do equipment assessments/valuations through AllExperts anyway

Guitar - General

Dave Dixon

Guitar player since 1987. Studied at Musicians` Institute. Worked as guitar/music teacher since 1991.

Since joining AllExperts I have been getting rated with 9's and 10's from most of the people I've answered questions from, so I guess that I must be doing something right. Not all that many people can be wrong. Questions about theory, technique, equipment, players, history, etc. welcome - just about anything in fact. The only things I prefer not to answer are requests for transcriptions, or equipment assessments/valuations.

Studied at Musicians` Institute.