Guitar Making and Repair/Tone-wood

uncle duke wrote at 2013-06-04 12:35:55
For more bass sound and less treble a guitar made with a western red cedar top is the way to go. As you progress with your playing move up to hard/high tension strings. You will need them for the higher notes played. Pro arte medium are good for now and later down the road switch to Augustine's high tension strings. It will save trips to the store if you use the latter.  

Guitar Making and Repair

paul wilczynski

Anything concerning building, tuning, theory of construction. Specialist in finishing (40 years' experience); extensive knowledge of Rickenbacker instruments of all vintages. Rickenbacker factory connection on personal level; ONLY licensed Rickenbacker luthier in the world.

Extensive. I build and restore electric and acoustic guitars (steel string and nylon classicals). I build all of Rickenbacker's acoustic instruments in my own shops in San Francisco and Healdsburg, CA. I write two online columns with a total of over 15,000 posts since January, 2005. Google my name or my screen name, "jingle_jangle".

American Guild of Luthiers.

Mostly automotive and hobby (in the past).

Manage the University Department workshops(Industrial Design) in SF, also have taught and written design and fabrication classes for almost a decade. Have produced online classes, written curricula, syllabi, etc. Run an online forum for my students (500 in number).

Awards won for product, vehicle, and preschool toy design in the past.

Rickenbacker International Corporation, Waterstone Guitars LLC, many Fortune 500 companies before I worked in guitars (I ran a design studio for 22 years). I have hundreds of individual--private party--customers.