Guitar Making and Repair/Guitar neck

On the RIC acoustic 12 string guitars that you the neck of the same dimensions as the RIC electric 12?

The standard neck that I fit to the 12-string Rick acoustics that I build, is identical in width to a Rick 660/12, at 1 3/4" at the nut. This is 1/8" wider than other Rickenbacker 12 strings. The depth of the neck at the nut is 1/16" more than a 660/12, however.

Since each acoustic I build is to customer order, I can provide a 1 5/8" fretboard width at no extra cost, upon request, for a neck feel exactly like a vintage Rickenbacker electric 12 string. I have built a number of these necks with the narrow width over the years.

Guitar Making and Repair

paul wilczynski

Anything concerning building, tuning, theory of construction. Specialist in finishing (40 years' experience); extensive knowledge of Rickenbacker instruments of all vintages. Rickenbacker factory connection on personal level; ONLY licensed Rickenbacker luthier in the world.

Extensive. I build and restore electric and acoustic guitars (steel string and nylon classicals). I build all of Rickenbacker's acoustic instruments in my own shops in San Francisco and Healdsburg, CA. I write two online columns with a total of over 15,000 posts since January, 2005. Google my name or my screen name, "jingle_jangle".

American Guild of Luthiers.

Mostly automotive and hobby (in the past).

Manage the University Department workshops(Industrial Design) in SF, also have taught and written design and fabrication classes for almost a decade. Have produced online classes, written curricula, syllabi, etc. Run an online forum for my students (500 in number).

Awards won for product, vehicle, and preschool toy design in the past.

Rickenbacker International Corporation, Waterstone Guitars LLC, many Fortune 500 companies before I worked in guitars (I ran a design studio for 22 years). I have hundreds of individual--private party--customers.