Guitar Making and Repair/Classical GUITAR PICKUP

Question
Hello Mr. Paul

I am an moderate level guitar player. I want to put an electronic pickup on my custom solid top classical guitar. I have selected these two models of pickup, one is piezo & other is microphone type. Which is better in case of sound output & projection.?? kindly help me.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/632221786/5Band_Acoustic_Guitar_Equalizer_EQ_L

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/421055976/High_quality_5_Band_EQ_Equalizer.htm

Thanking you in anticipation.

Answer
Biplab,

It is very hard to evaluate any of these Chinese products, as there are literally hundreds of them and the specifications may vary even within one brand as materials change all the time, though appearances remain roughly similar.

I would try to buy an American or European-made pickup system if you want best sound. My recommendation is to buy a LRBaggs Anthem Classical pickup. My experiences with it are very good.

--Paul

Guitar Making and Repair

paul wilczynski