Guitar Making and Repair/Classical GUITAR PICKUP

Hello Mr. Paul

I am an moderate level guitar player. I want to put an electronic pickup on my custom solid top classical guitar. I have selected these two models of pickup, one is piezo & other is microphone type. Which is better in case of sound output & projection.?? kindly help me.

Thanking you in anticipation.

It is very hard to evaluate any of these Chinese products, as there are literally hundreds of them and the specifications may vary even within one brand as materials change all the time, though appearances remain roughly similar.

I would try to buy an American or European-made pickup system if you want best sound. My recommendation is to buy a LRBaggs Anthem Classical pickup. My experiences with it are very good.

Guitar Making and Repair

paul wilczynski

Anything concerning building, tuning, theory of construction. Specialist in finishing (40 years' experience); extensive knowledge of Rickenbacker instruments of all vintages. Rickenbacker factory connection on personal level; ONLY licensed Rickenbacker luthier in the world.

Extensive. I build and restore electric and acoustic guitars (steel string and nylon classicals). I build all of Rickenbacker's acoustic instruments in my own shops in San Francisco and Healdsburg, CA. I write two online columns with a total of over 15,000 posts since January, 2005. Google my name or my screen name, "jingle_jangle".

American Guild of Luthiers.

Mostly automotive and hobby (in the past).

Manage the University Department workshops(Industrial Design) in SF, also have taught and written design and fabrication classes for almost a decade. Have produced online classes, written curricula, syllabi, etc. Run an online forum for my students (500 in number).

Awards won for product, vehicle, and preschool toy design in the past.

Rickenbacker International Corporation, Waterstone Guitars LLC, many Fortune 500 companies before I worked in guitars (I ran a design studio for 22 years). I have hundreds of individual--private party--customers.