Guitar Making and Repair/331 Schematics

Question
QUESTION: I just bought one, a 71, and it worked great for about a half an hour before the transformer burned up in what I believe is the original power supply. I have read it takes 18v AC which I should be able to find, if you tell me what I read was true. Also I believe I read that you have the schematics of the second generation circuit. It also came with a box of clear GE bulbs with just a number "19" stamp on the box any thoughts on how they were to be dyed? Any chance of getting those schematics? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Steve

ANSWER: 18VAC is correct. The bulbs are the correct ones and can be colored using a craft store "stained glass" paint. Three colors are red, cyan, and green on type 2s.

I'll have to search my files for those schematics...

--Paul

QUESTION: Paul,
Thanks for the confirmation that the 331LS was 18vac I had an 18.5vac supply from an old Behringer 802 mixer (read the label, it's actually 18.5 x2 at 250milliamps each and a 3v with a strange plug) and it works fine. Would the promise of say a twenty five dollar donation increase the chances of your search for the schematics? I would like to keep this thing working as long as possible.
Steve

Answer
I'm not particularly money-motivated, but I am extremely busy these days and really just need to think about which computer or hard drive I placed the schematics on, and retrieve a copy.

So far I've been unable to find them...should have printed out a hard copy and filed it.

--Paul

Guitar Making and Repair

paul wilczynski