Guitar Making and Repair/Re: Putting a new maple top on a les paul

Question
I have a Gibson Les Paul Gold top,
I've just recently bought a nice bit of flamed maple and someone has done a rough template for a Les Paul, is there a way in which i could get the maple top on the LP without having to remove the neck as the neck is perfect beautiful dark board, chunky etc.

Answer
Anything's possible, James.

This one depends upon how much luthiery experience you have under your belt. If the answer's "zero" or "very little", I'd say, "leave it to the professionals." Chances of a good outcome for an inexperienced person are very poor.

Paul

Guitar Making and Repair

paul wilczynski