Guitar Making and Repair/Re: Putting a new maple top on a les paul

I have a Gibson Les Paul Gold top,
I've just recently bought a nice bit of flamed maple and someone has done a rough template for a Les Paul, is there a way in which i could get the maple top on the LP without having to remove the neck as the neck is perfect beautiful dark board, chunky etc.

Anything's possible, James.

This one depends upon how much luthiery experience you have under your belt. If the answer's "zero" or "very little", I'd say, "leave it to the professionals." Chances of a good outcome for an inexperienced person are very poor.

Guitar Making and Repair

paul wilczynski

Anything concerning building, tuning, theory of construction. Specialist in finishing (40 years' experience); extensive knowledge of Rickenbacker instruments of all vintages. Rickenbacker factory connection on personal level; ONLY licensed Rickenbacker luthier in the world.

Extensive. I build and restore electric and acoustic guitars (steel string and nylon classicals). I build all of Rickenbacker's acoustic instruments in my own shops in San Francisco and Healdsburg, CA. I write two online columns with a total of over 15,000 posts since January, 2005. Google my name or my screen name, "jingle_jangle".

American Guild of Luthiers.

Mostly automotive and hobby (in the past).

Manage the University Department workshops(Industrial Design) in SF, also have taught and written design and fabrication classes for almost a decade. Have produced online classes, written curricula, syllabi, etc. Run an online forum for my students (500 in number).

Awards won for product, vehicle, and preschool toy design in the past.

Rickenbacker International Corporation, Waterstone Guitars LLC, many Fortune 500 companies before I worked in guitars (I ran a design studio for 22 years). I have hundreds of individual--private party--customers.