Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Question regarding Suppressors

GunRights wrote at 2008-03-02 02:12:19
For an individual to own a class 3 weapon in NC local law enforcement sign off is required by the BATF.  The BATF does not require local law enforcement sign off if the class 3 weapon is owned by a legal entity such as a revocable trust or LLC.    For law abiding citizens with non class 3 friendly county sheriff's, save yourself the hassle and setup a revocable trust for less than $50.

caveman wrote at 2013-08-18 16:33:18
You can always go the trust route. No law enforcement signature required. Still need to pay the $200 tax. There is a generic form trust to fill out. It has to be notarized, and two names of ownership of the suppressor, and another individual as owner of the Trust. The form is to be still approved by ATF, before you get you tax stamp. This is just a abbreviated example.

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Dave Nyce

Please, no questions about gun value or age. I have been an NRA certified pistol instructor for over 15 years. Was a pistol team captain in Pennsylvania for 5 years. Had a carry permit in PA, now have one in NC. I am a NC certified CCW (concealed carry of weapons) instructor. Also hunt using handgun, rifle, shotgun, bow and arrow, muzzleloader. I can answer questions on safety and shooting skills, recommend types of equipment (but not specific model numbers or prices), and answer questions on shooting competitions and hunting. Sorry, please don't ask me about the price or value of guns or other equipment, manufacture date, how to repair, how to get parts, or to provide any info on antiques.

NRA certified pistol, rifle, and shotgun instructor. North Carolina certified instructor for concealed carry permit. Boy Scout shotgun merit badge counselor. Have Federal firearms license (FFL) and class 3 SOT. Member of 3 gun clubs. Licensed Radio Amateur (Technician), Licensed airplane and helicopter pilot.

Life member of: NRA (benefactor), NC rifle & pistol assoc., Grass Roots NC, US Parachute Assoc., Experimental Aircraft Association, and National Trapping Assoc. Member of: Aircraft Owners and Pilots Assoc., San Lee Gun Club, Sir Walter Gun Club, Lower Providence Rod & Gun Club, Tripoli Rocketry Assoc., National Association of Rocketry, US Hang Gliding Assoc., A.F.& A.M., Shriners, York Rite, Scottish Rite, B.P.O.E., The Planetary Society, Apex Historical Society (board of dir.), The American Association for the Advancement of Science, and Acadamy of Model Aeronautics.

Authored numerous technical articles on sensors, wrote chapters in four engineering reference books, authored the book Linear Position Sensors, Theory & Application

BSEE, MBA, NRA certified instructor

Boy Scouts Order of the Arrow, Vaaler award, EDN magazine, "Inerting for Safety", 1987, Listed in Who's Who in Engineering, in the South, in the World, "Total Quality Management" medal awarded by MTS Systems Corporation 1991, "Best Sequel" award for the video production: "For Engineers Only" at the MTS national sales meeting, Las Vegas, 1998 (written and directed by David S. Nyce), Voted "Most Effective Leader" at Center for Creative Leadership: Looking Glass, Greensboro, NC 1995, Silver Award for New Technology at SENSORS EXPO, in Chicago, 2001 for SEF Liquid Level sensor,MTS Circle of Innovators award, 2003, Elected Master of Masonic Lodge #584 , Apex, NC, 2005, "Gold Honour Award" for outstanding service in York Rite Masonry, by the York Rite Sovereign College of North America, August 22. 2007, Board of Directors: Everight Sensors, and Apex Historical Society Maynard Pearson House