Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Needing Info please

Bobby wrote at 2010-12-05 00:03:51
I have a gun as described.  I bought it in about 1968.  It is stamped as 44 cal ball, but is really a 3" .410..If someone has one of these guns, I would be interested in purchasing it.  The serial number on my gun is 067.  I was told that only 100 of the .410s were allowed in the country before it was determined that they were shotguns...

jemiah wrote at 2012-02-28 16:03:50
the gun you have is actually a .410 shotshell handgun

Chuck wrote at 2012-11-17 22:58:08
Nov., 2012.  A friend just found one of these in a safe that a deceased relative had.  It is as Mike described above.  This one has a "2 (then a space) and then 23" on the bottom of the grip and a "P" below that.  Serial # is 284 so it seems that at least that many were made. Used .410 shotgun shells in and fired it a few times at a target on a bale of hay. Perhaps this was the first time this gun had ever been fired. Decent kick. Probably would be good for squirrels or rabbits. Pretty gun and it looks like something a Civil War soldier would have used to get dinner or shoot and enemy at decently close range. Any idea of what value this thing might have?  

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Doug Little