Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Needing Info please

Bobby wrote at 2010-12-05 00:03:51
I have a gun as described.  I bought it in about 1968.  It is stamped as 44 cal ball, but is really a 3" .410..If someone has one of these guns, I would be interested in purchasing it.  The serial number on my gun is 067.  I was told that only 100 of the .410s were allowed in the country before it was determined that they were shotguns...

jemiah wrote at 2012-02-28 16:03:50
the gun you have is actually a .410 shotshell handgun

Chuck wrote at 2012-11-17 22:58:08
Nov., 2012.  A friend just found one of these in a safe that a deceased relative had.  It is as Mike described above.  This one has a "2 (then a space) and then 23" on the bottom of the grip and a "P" below that.  Serial # is 284 so it seems that at least that many were made. Used .410 shotgun shells in and fired it a few times at a target on a bale of hay. Perhaps this was the first time this gun had ever been fired. Decent kick. Probably would be good for squirrels or rabbits. Pretty gun and it looks like something a Civil War soldier would have used to get dinner or shoot and enemy at decently close range. Any idea of what value this thing might have?  

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Doug Little

I can answer questions relating to Legal Concealed Carry in most of the Western US, with detailed knowledge of Concealed Carry laws in Arizona. I have an in-depth understanding of tactical and defensive handgun skills including Close Range Gunfighting, Armed Vehicle Operations, Low Light Gunfighting and Advanced Concealed Carry techniques. I can answer detailed questions regarding Firearms Safety, Gun Handling and Marksmanship techniques. I can also answer detailed questions in the area of Crime Prevention and Victim Avoidance. ***PLEASE NOTE: Despite having done so in the past, I cannot continue to answer questions about valuation of firearms of any kind or questions regarding when a gun was made or what the impact of age or condition might be on the value of any firearm, either contemporary or antique.***

NRA Training Counselor, NRA instructor for Personal Protection in the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Basic Pistol and Refuse to be a Victim disciplines. Certified by the AZ Dept. of Public Safety as a Firearms Safety Instructor for AZ Concealed Weapons Permit Classes and AZ Unarmed and Armed Security Guard Training. Instructor in both Low Light Gunfighting and Close Range Gunfighting. As a Staff instructor for Suarez International, I teach intermediate and advanced level tactical handgun courses. I am also teach intermediate and advanced level courses in the AR15/M4 and Kalashnikov Rifle platforms. I am a multiple graduate of Gunsite Academy and hold a certificate of Armed Vehicle Operations from them. I have been instructing in Arizona professionally for the past 9 years and have over 20 years shooting experience. Certified by the International Society of Crime Prevention Practitioners as a Crime Prevention Specialist.

National Rifle Association, Life Member; International Society of Crime Prevention Practioners; International Defensive Pistol Association; Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association; Association of Police Marksman; President, US Marshals Posse - District of Arizona

BS, Political Science, Appalachian State University; Suarez International - Low Light Instructor, Suarez International - Close Range Gunfighting Instructor, Gunsite Academy - Armed Vehicle Operations, Arizona Department of Public Safety - Firearms Safety Instructor, NRA Instructor Ratings in Personal Protection in Home, Home Firearms Safety and Basic Pistol, ASP Tactical Baton Instructor, ASP Tactical Handcuff Instructor.

Please visit my website for testimonials at