Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/P38 ac41 Walther, Chrome or nickel

roger wrote at 2011-02-11 19:59:54
I also have a WW2 P38 nickle plated.  My father found two still in cosmolene and carted them around with him until they reached Belgium.  There he had them nickle plated as it was cheap and he thought looked better...maybe others had the same idea.

gunslinger wrote at 2013-01-30 03:54:52
I dont know if mine was original,or not but I had a chrome plated one when I was 16 years old,I dont remember who made it but it was beautiful,I am now 74 yrs old  

Steve wrote at 2013-03-24 05:36:20
A lot of returning soldiers nickel-plated their souvenir P-38's, so it actually ADDS to the value if it's original nickel. Check for import marks. If there aren't any, it was probably brought back as a war souvenir and there's that much higher chance that the nickel is original. An expert should know all this - I'm a novice.

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Bob H.