Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Importing fire arms

Richard wrote at 2013-12-12 05:12:09
I happen to know a little more about this because I've looked into it.   There are brokers in the US who provide this service for Canadian purchaser.  They get the export permit from the US State Dept and arrange shipping of the arm from the vendor in the US via a US FFL licensee to the vendor in Canada.  Reportedly it adds $200 - $300 to the cost of the firearm; less if several are purchased at once.  These brokers are easily found on the internet, and many Canadian gun shops have a connectin with one.   It is also possible for the US vendor to use the "once in a lifetime" exemption that removes the need to get the export permit. This is much cheaper.  The form is available on the US State Dept defence controls website and I have called them to confirm that this procedure is available and does work.  The Canadian buyer also needs an import permit is easy to get, online, form the Cdn govt firearm control office (RCMP).  

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Dave Nyce