Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Colton Shotgun

poordevil wrote at 2011-04-10 04:17:46
Colton was one of the company names somewhere around the house are pictures of the seven sons all working in the shop. my dad said the barrels came from Germany an were leaded together an when overheated would seperate.he used to tell me stories about being out back an shooting canons with wet rags against the building when he was a kid. the police used to bring them the compensated guns to destroy they could strip them for parts but the frames had to be destroyed by beating with a bullpen exchange they'd teach the officer how to fix there guns .the boys would tell as far as value they were a cheap gun so the average working man could afford.

david edward johns wrote at 2011-04-11 00:34:36
the manufacture of your gun would be edward johns when the building was sold he said they were burning the stocks for heat which was dumb because back then they were paying 15bucks for stocks.if he recalls right what you have is a twist barrel an was a pretty looking barrel the local pharmacy was the one to provide the blueing for them an it was a long procees to complete .the old desk from there has all the company names .my dad said you dont run into them often once in a great while .parts arent avaliable an yes they were sold to sears but he remebers when they supplied gas stations that sold them also.

johnny wrote at 2012-12-03 17:04:38

i just found a colton shotgun for a very good price  that i am using to practice basic gunsmithing skills. if you are still interested in getting your gun in order, maybe we can share information.  i will be fabricating a sear and carving a stock. will also be attempting to brown the Damascus barrels back to original.  mine will not have historic or sentimental value, but i think it wil be a good shotgun  when complete.  let me know if you are still intersted and we can share photos and information.   johnny

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Doug Little

I can answer questions relating to Legal Concealed Carry in most of the Western US, with detailed knowledge of Concealed Carry laws in Arizona. I have an in-depth understanding of tactical and defensive handgun skills including Close Range Gunfighting, Armed Vehicle Operations, Low Light Gunfighting and Advanced Concealed Carry techniques. I can answer detailed questions regarding Firearms Safety, Gun Handling and Marksmanship techniques. I can also answer detailed questions in the area of Crime Prevention and Victim Avoidance. ***PLEASE NOTE: Despite having done so in the past, I cannot continue to answer questions about valuation of firearms of any kind or questions regarding when a gun was made or what the impact of age or condition might be on the value of any firearm, either contemporary or antique.***

NRA Training Counselor, NRA instructor for Personal Protection in the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Basic Pistol and Refuse to be a Victim disciplines. Certified by the AZ Dept. of Public Safety as a Firearms Safety Instructor for AZ Concealed Weapons Permit Classes and AZ Unarmed and Armed Security Guard Training. Instructor in both Low Light Gunfighting and Close Range Gunfighting. As a Staff instructor for Suarez International, I teach intermediate and advanced level tactical handgun courses. I am also teach intermediate and advanced level courses in the AR15/M4 and Kalashnikov Rifle platforms. I am a multiple graduate of Gunsite Academy and hold a certificate of Armed Vehicle Operations from them. I have been instructing in Arizona professionally for the past 9 years and have over 20 years shooting experience. Certified by the International Society of Crime Prevention Practitioners as a Crime Prevention Specialist.

National Rifle Association, Life Member; International Society of Crime Prevention Practioners; International Defensive Pistol Association; Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association; Association of Police Marksman; President, US Marshals Posse - District of Arizona

BS, Political Science, Appalachian State University; Suarez International - Low Light Instructor, Suarez International - Close Range Gunfighting Instructor, Gunsite Academy - Armed Vehicle Operations, Arizona Department of Public Safety - Firearms Safety Instructor, NRA Instructor Ratings in Personal Protection in Home, Home Firearms Safety and Basic Pistol, ASP Tactical Baton Instructor, ASP Tactical Handcuff Instructor.

Please visit my website for testimonials at