Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/My High Standard 22 LR, 9 shot Double Action

Question
Fishbones High Standard
Fishbones High Standar  

#2435040
#2435040  
Was recently given to me by a Yakima Indian.
Above the grip, right side, the numbers 2435040 are stamped. On the barrel, right side, Western Auto Supply Company USA, beneath is
H.S. 160-00-.22cal. On the left side of the barrel is Revolution scrolled and Model "76" under the word revolution. I think it was manufactured in 1974. A rep from HS said so. He was from sales.
With Plastic grips, black finish. HD Standard on gold round on the grip. 5/12"barrel.
Could you verify age. It seems not yet shot. I don't have a box for it.

Answer
The Hi-Standard Double 9 were made from 1959 to 1971 under the Hi-Standard brand name. Yours is Hi-Standard Double 9 house branded as Revelation Model 76 and sold only at Western Auto Supply Company. Your serial dates to August of 1974. If there confusion its because Hi-Standard under its own brand introduced the Hi-Standard Double 9 convertible 1972 (you could get separate cylinder to fire .22 Mag.)
btw I assume asked a current rep for the Texas based company. The original Hi-Standard was in business in Hamden CT and New Haven Ct 1922 to 1977.
(Hi-Standard brand came out in 1932. they made parts for other makers before that)
In 1978 it moved to East Hartford Ct after company was bought from Leisure Group, Inc.
(who bought it in 1968)by an employee lead group.
In December 1984 High Standard, Inc. went out of business. The company was liquidated.
1991ish Mitchell Arms started making Hi-Standard model guns because designed the were in public domain. Michell Arms was most firearms importer. They were sued for using the name. When the won in court was about the same time Don Michell was getting in trouble for tax evasion. Finally going to prison in 1999. That is when the current company was founded in 1993.
The current company other than name and designs has nothing to original company.
This might be of interest to you. http://www.highstandard.org/index.html  

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Paul Edward Zukowski