Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/stevens mod. 56

Question
HI I HAVE A STEVENS MOD.56 AND AM LOOKING FOR A REAR SIGHT.LOOKS LIKE THE MISSING ONE WAS DOVETAILED IN PLACE.THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.MERRY X-MAS TIM...

Answer
Hi Tim.

I took a few days to do some checking around but could not find anyone currently selling this exact part. Please take a look at this link below and see if your rear sight part would look like part #40 in the diagram:

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/SavageStevensSpringfieldFox-33479/Rifl

If your rear sight does look like that, then I believe you will be able to replace it easily by taking it to any decent gunsmith. That particular style of leaf sight was quite common on many rifles and thus they can probably get you a part from a different brand or model that will fit your gun.

If your part looks different than the diagram then you should take it to a local gunsmith for advice so they can examine it in person and tell you what you need.

Good luck, God bless, and stay safe!

Bob

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Bob H.