Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/.22 rifle

My grand father gave me this---Wards Western Field No 41. .22

Can u provide the year(s) of manufacture and which mfr made
it for Wards?  Mike

Based upon the information provided I am of the opinion that it was made by Mossberg between 1935 to 1937. If the firearm is in "fair" condition it would be worth approximately $125 to $150. Of course, with your Grandfather giving it to you.... who can put a price on it?

I hope this helps Mike and thanks for the question.
Sid Lark

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Sid Lark

I can answer questions concerning hand guns, rifles, shotguns and related ammo and ballistics questions. I cannot answer questions concerning paint-ball, airguns, etc. Also any questions related to hunting and/or related firearm useage can be answered. If asking about gun history and/or values please limit your question about one gun at a time. I limit the number of questions to five a day (so I have time to respond to all) and it defeats that purpose if I'm being ask about a half dozen guns or more in just "one" question.

I have over 35 years experience in hunting, shooting sports, and firearm collecting. I am a outdoor skills/hunter education instructor. I am a firearms instructor and have participated in PPC competition for many years in the midwest. I have received training in counter sniper tactics and held a position in said capacity on a police emergency response team. Retired law enforcement professional. I have held a F.F.L. and owned a firearms store for over 10 years. I also am currently the president of a 1400 member conservation organization which oversees shotgun, handgun, and rifle shooting sports.

Life Member of the North American Hunting Club and the N.R.A. Adam's Conservation Club President. Hunter Ed. Instructor for Ohio Division of Wildlife. State Chairman of Ohio Ducks Unlimited. Past member of the Ohio Gun Collectors and Ohio Police Chief's Associations. Past member of the International Assoc. of Chief's of Police. Past member of the Criminal Justice Coordinating Council and Criminal Justice Training Center.