Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Ammo shortage

Question
Hello thank you for taking my question. I'm having a hard time finding ammo, particularly .40 S&W. Places like Cheaper than Dirt have only really expensive stuff in stock. Walmart here in South Florida is completely wiped out. My questions are, what is going on? And is there any place left I can get cheap range ammo for my 40? I don't have the knowledge or the space to do reloading on my own. Thank you so much for your time.

Answer
Phillip,

What is going on is that the American consumer maintains the preception that they may no longer to be able to purchase certain firearms and/or ammo due to the current political climate concerning gun/ammo ownership.

It begain with the buying up of anything "AR" style and related equipment then migrated to large capicity magazine pistols (over 10 rounds) then to ammo and now to reloading equipment especially primers.

As the government continues its investigation into new restrictions on these firearms I predict that it is only going to get worse. There is a lot of panic buying going on and many consumers are purchasing and hording ammo.

Only time will tell where this is all heading,

Thank you for your question and know that you are not alone !!

Sid Lark

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Sid Lark