Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Caliber Identification

U.S. Revolver
U.S. Revolver  
I have a revolver made by U.S. Revolver Co. with a 64501 stamped on the trigger guard.  It has a 5 shot cylinder.  There is no caliber indication on the pistol that I can find.  I would like to find out what caliber it is.  Can you assit me?

From the photo it appears to be the .32 caliber version of the US Revolver made by Iver Johnson Cycle works.  They made these guns between 1910 and 1934.  Based on the serial number, I would guess that yours was made in the 1913-1914 time frame.  I don't have access to detailed serial number records, but based on other guns I have seen dated, that is pretty close.

This gun was a smaller version of the .38 caliber US Revolver of the same design.  If you are thinking about shooting it, have a gunsmith check it out first to insure that it is operating correctly and in good condition.  You should understand that guns built between 1900 and around 1920 were not designed to handle the pressures generated by modern ammunition.  While you may be able to shoot it safely if it is good shape, you probably don't want to shoot it very much...

I hope this helps you out.

Doug Little

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Doug Little

I can answer questions relating to Legal Concealed Carry in most of the Western US, with detailed knowledge of Concealed Carry laws in Arizona. I have an in-depth understanding of tactical and defensive handgun skills including Close Range Gunfighting, Armed Vehicle Operations, Low Light Gunfighting and Advanced Concealed Carry techniques. I can answer detailed questions regarding Firearms Safety, Gun Handling and Marksmanship techniques. I can also answer detailed questions in the area of Crime Prevention and Victim Avoidance. ***PLEASE NOTE: Despite having done so in the past, I cannot continue to answer questions about valuation of firearms of any kind or questions regarding when a gun was made or what the impact of age or condition might be on the value of any firearm, either contemporary or antique.***

NRA Training Counselor, NRA instructor for Personal Protection in the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Basic Pistol and Refuse to be a Victim disciplines. Certified by the AZ Dept. of Public Safety as a Firearms Safety Instructor for AZ Concealed Weapons Permit Classes and AZ Unarmed and Armed Security Guard Training. Instructor in both Low Light Gunfighting and Close Range Gunfighting. As a Staff instructor for Suarez International, I teach intermediate and advanced level tactical handgun courses. I am also teach intermediate and advanced level courses in the AR15/M4 and Kalashnikov Rifle platforms. I am a multiple graduate of Gunsite Academy and hold a certificate of Armed Vehicle Operations from them. I have been instructing in Arizona professionally for the past 9 years and have over 20 years shooting experience. Certified by the International Society of Crime Prevention Practitioners as a Crime Prevention Specialist.

National Rifle Association, Life Member; International Society of Crime Prevention Practioners; International Defensive Pistol Association; Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association; Association of Police Marksman; President, US Marshals Posse - District of Arizona

BS, Political Science, Appalachian State University; Suarez International - Low Light Instructor, Suarez International - Close Range Gunfighting Instructor, Gunsite Academy - Armed Vehicle Operations, Arizona Department of Public Safety - Firearms Safety Instructor, NRA Instructor Ratings in Personal Protection in Home, Home Firearms Safety and Basic Pistol, ASP Tactical Baton Instructor, ASP Tactical Handcuff Instructor.

Please visit my website for testimonials at