Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Essex .410 Pistol

I have an Essex .410 Single Shot, Breach Loading Pistol, And Was Wanting More Information About This Pistol, And Approximate Value.
Thank You For Your Help And Time.

Originally the company was known for its inexpensive single and double barrel shotguns in the late 1890's. They were later purchased by the H&D Folsom Co. of New York City. They made many Hardware guns most of which were made for the Belknap Hardware Co. The Crescent brand replaced the American Gun Co. Of N.Y.

The particular firearm that you reference cannot be evaluated with 100% certainty without personal inspection. However...... they made the Crescent Certified Shotgun/Pistol smooth bore in 410 from 1930 to 1932 with a 12.25" barrel. and in "Fair" condition would have an approximate value of $500 to $700.

I suggest taking the firearm to a qualified appraiser/gun smith for personal inspection and appraisal who can personally inspect the firearm in question.

Thanks for the question,
Sid Lark

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Sid Lark

I can answer questions concerning hand guns, rifles, shotguns and related ammo and ballistics questions. I cannot answer questions concerning paint-ball, airguns, etc. Also any questions related to hunting and/or related firearm useage can be answered. If asking about gun history and/or values please limit your question about one gun at a time. I limit the number of questions to five a day (so I have time to respond to all) and it defeats that purpose if I'm being ask about a half dozen guns or more in just "one" question.

I have over 35 years experience in hunting, shooting sports, and firearm collecting. I am a outdoor skills/hunter education instructor. I am a firearms instructor and have participated in PPC competition for many years in the midwest. I have received training in counter sniper tactics and held a position in said capacity on a police emergency response team. Retired law enforcement professional. I have held a F.F.L. and owned a firearms store for over 10 years. I also am currently the president of a 1400 member conservation organization which oversees shotgun, handgun, and rifle shooting sports.

Life Member of the North American Hunting Club and the N.R.A. Adam's Conservation Club President. Hunter Ed. Instructor for Ohio Division of Wildlife. State Chairman of Ohio Ducks Unlimited. Past member of the Ohio Gun Collectors and Ohio Police Chief's Associations. Past member of the International Assoc. of Chief's of Police. Past member of the Criminal Justice Coordinating Council and Criminal Justice Training Center.