Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Hawthorne-Viking shotgun

I would like to know an approximate value/selling price for a Hawthorne-Viking 12 gauge 23/4 inch, modified pump shotgun. Reading grades according to Gun Digest 2012 7th edition, this one would be rated excellent. The gun is not listed in the book, and online research has not provided much. I'm not good with computers. It has a gold looking anodized receiver. With a show coming soon, I would like to sell it. No need for it.
Thank you,
Neil Roshto

The Hawthorn Viking was a shotgun made for retailer Montgomery Wards while the action itself is believed to have been manufactured in France. The firearm was sold from late 1950's through the 1960's. The firearm if in "fair" condition would have an approximate retail value of between $200 to $300.

I hope this helps Neil and thanks for the question.
Sid Lark

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Sid Lark

I can answer questions concerning hand guns, rifles, shotguns and related ammo and ballistics questions. I cannot answer questions concerning paint-ball, airguns, etc. Also any questions related to hunting and/or related firearm useage can be answered. If asking about gun history and/or values please limit your question about one gun at a time. I limit the number of questions to five a day (so I have time to respond to all) and it defeats that purpose if I'm being ask about a half dozen guns or more in just "one" question.

I have over 35 years experience in hunting, shooting sports, and firearm collecting. I am a outdoor skills/hunter education instructor. I am a firearms instructor and have participated in PPC competition for many years in the midwest. I have received training in counter sniper tactics and held a position in said capacity on a police emergency response team. Retired law enforcement professional. I have held a F.F.L. and owned a firearms store for over 10 years. I also am currently the president of a 1400 member conservation organization which oversees shotgun, handgun, and rifle shooting sports.

Life Member of the North American Hunting Club and the N.R.A. Adam's Conservation Club President. Hunter Ed. Instructor for Ohio Division of Wildlife. State Chairman of Ohio Ducks Unlimited. Past member of the Ohio Gun Collectors and Ohio Police Chief's Associations. Past member of the International Assoc. of Chief's of Police. Past member of the Criminal Justice Coordinating Council and Criminal Justice Training Center.