Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Nikko Shotguns

My dad recently passed away and left 2 Nikko shotguns. They are in 100% condition (never fired). The model numbers are 5000-I in 20 ga. & 741 in 410 ga. They are not the Golden Eagle versions. I'm looking for any information (value etc.) on these guns. I have found very little other than the history of Nikko in the Blue Book. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mark Shaw

In short and I.M.O. , these are excellent firearms. The guns were made in Japan and distributed by Kanematsu-Gosho in Arlington Heights IL. Built on a Winchester 101 action which has a great reputation. Engraved and hand finished and in "good" condition the 5000 has an approximate retail value of $700 to $800. However, yours as described may be as high as $1000 to $1200.

The 741 has more value in "good" condition basically due gauge, and should be approximately $1200 to $1500 retail values.

Thank you for your question Mark.
Sid Lark

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Sid Lark

I can answer questions concerning hand guns, rifles, shotguns and related ammo and ballistics questions. I cannot answer questions concerning paint-ball, airguns, etc. Also any questions related to hunting and/or related firearm useage can be answered. If asking about gun history and/or values please limit your question about one gun at a time. I limit the number of questions to five a day (so I have time to respond to all) and it defeats that purpose if I'm being ask about a half dozen guns or more in just "one" question.

I have over 35 years experience in hunting, shooting sports, and firearm collecting. I am a outdoor skills/hunter education instructor. I am a firearms instructor and have participated in PPC competition for many years in the midwest. I have received training in counter sniper tactics and held a position in said capacity on a police emergency response team. Retired law enforcement professional. I have held a F.F.L. and owned a firearms store for over 10 years. I also am currently the president of a 1400 member conservation organization which oversees shotgun, handgun, and rifle shooting sports.

Life Member of the North American Hunting Club and the N.R.A. Adam's Conservation Club President. Hunter Ed. Instructor for Ohio Division of Wildlife. State Chairman of Ohio Ducks Unlimited. Past member of the Ohio Gun Collectors and Ohio Police Chief's Associations. Past member of the International Assoc. of Chief's of Police. Past member of the Criminal Justice Coordinating Council and Criminal Justice Training Center.