Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/Westernfield 22

I have a Westernfield .22 semiauto Model SD 59A which was purchased new by my father in 1946. This is a very accurate little 16 shot rifle,and it has a rather lethargic "click" when the trigger is squeezed. It has not been fired in about 40 years. It is not an easy take down on this little rifle but am wondering if you know where I can acquire parts for this little guy. With a mounted Norman Ford scope I used to knock the squirrels out of the trees at about 50 yards with the slug going exactly where it was aimed. The scope had about a 6'field at about 50 yards. Was a great combination in those days.

I personally use Numrich Gun Parts Co. they seem to come through for me more often than not. You can contact them at or customer service 866-686-7425 If they cannot help you they may be able to direct you to another company.

Good luck and thank you for your question George.
Sid Lark

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Sid Lark

I can answer questions concerning hand guns, rifles, shotguns and related ammo and ballistics questions. I cannot answer questions concerning paint-ball, airguns, etc. Also any questions related to hunting and/or related firearm useage can be answered. If asking about gun history and/or values please limit your question about one gun at a time. I limit the number of questions to five a day (so I have time to respond to all) and it defeats that purpose if I'm being ask about a half dozen guns or more in just "one" question.

I have over 35 years experience in hunting, shooting sports, and firearm collecting. I am a outdoor skills/hunter education instructor. I am a firearms instructor and have participated in PPC competition for many years in the midwest. I have received training in counter sniper tactics and held a position in said capacity on a police emergency response team. Retired law enforcement professional. I have held a F.F.L. and owned a firearms store for over 10 years. I also am currently the president of a 1400 member conservation organization which oversees shotgun, handgun, and rifle shooting sports.

Life Member of the North American Hunting Club and the N.R.A. Adam's Conservation Club President. Hunter Ed. Instructor for Ohio Division of Wildlife. State Chairman of Ohio Ducks Unlimited. Past member of the Ohio Gun Collectors and Ohio Police Chief's Associations. Past member of the International Assoc. of Chief's of Police. Past member of the Criminal Justice Coordinating Council and Criminal Justice Training Center.