Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/1903 springfield armory bolt action rifle

1903 springfield armory
1903 springfield armor  

1903 springfield armory
1903 springfield armor  
I recently inherited the rifle from my father's estate, and I do not know the caliber.
I have been told that is is a .30 caliber, but which one, I don't know.
Any information is greatly appreciated.

Your rifle is calibered in .30-06 Springfield, although the usual way people refer to it is .30-06 or "thirty ought six".  This rifle was issued to US Army soldiers beginning in 1903 and continuing through 1937 when it was replaced by the M1 Garand rifle.  The Model 1903 did continue to see service through the Korean War as a sniper rifle.  You have a little piece of military history here that is worth keeping...

Hope this helps.

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Doug Little

I can answer questions relating to Legal Concealed Carry in most of the Western US, with detailed knowledge of Concealed Carry laws in Arizona. I have an in-depth understanding of tactical and defensive handgun skills including Close Range Gunfighting, Armed Vehicle Operations, Low Light Gunfighting and Advanced Concealed Carry techniques. I can answer detailed questions regarding Firearms Safety, Gun Handling and Marksmanship techniques. I can also answer detailed questions in the area of Crime Prevention and Victim Avoidance. ***PLEASE NOTE: Despite having done so in the past, I cannot continue to answer questions about valuation of firearms of any kind or questions regarding when a gun was made or what the impact of age or condition might be on the value of any firearm, either contemporary or antique.***

NRA Training Counselor, NRA instructor for Personal Protection in the Home, Home Firearms Safety, Basic Pistol and Refuse to be a Victim disciplines. Certified by the AZ Dept. of Public Safety as a Firearms Safety Instructor for AZ Concealed Weapons Permit Classes and AZ Unarmed and Armed Security Guard Training. Instructor in both Low Light Gunfighting and Close Range Gunfighting. As a Staff instructor for Suarez International, I teach intermediate and advanced level tactical handgun courses. I am also teach intermediate and advanced level courses in the AR15/M4 and Kalashnikov Rifle platforms. I am a multiple graduate of Gunsite Academy and hold a certificate of Armed Vehicle Operations from them. I have been instructing in Arizona professionally for the past 9 years and have over 20 years shooting experience. Certified by the International Society of Crime Prevention Practitioners as a Crime Prevention Specialist.

National Rifle Association, Life Member; International Society of Crime Prevention Practioners; International Defensive Pistol Association; Arizona State Rifle and Pistol Association; Association of Police Marksman; President, US Marshals Posse - District of Arizona

BS, Political Science, Appalachian State University; Suarez International - Low Light Instructor, Suarez International - Close Range Gunfighting Instructor, Gunsite Academy - Armed Vehicle Operations, Arizona Department of Public Safety - Firearms Safety Instructor, NRA Instructor Ratings in Personal Protection in Home, Home Firearms Safety and Basic Pistol, ASP Tactical Baton Instructor, ASP Tactical Handcuff Instructor.

Please visit my website for testimonials at