Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/interarms norinco 22lr (atd 22)

I have two of these I bought for my sons when they were young. I would like to give them back to them now that they are grown. one has a broken magazine tube in the stock and I would like to replace it. Do you know where I can find one, or who I can talk to, to find one. I appreciate your consideration and time. Thanks Mike Veselik

I have done some checking on this...I like to have a working .22 auto rifle around, even though it's not legal to hunt with one here in PA...just seems like a good thing.

OK - Norinco parts are near impossible to find, but call SARCO INC to see if they have a mag tube in stock...they had a small lot of these rifles for sale earlier this year, and may still have some parts.  or 1-610-250-3960

NO ONE else that I have checked has any parts for these rifles except for a few odd screws, etc...and I have found that the similar tube mag for the Browning ATD will not fit the NORINCO...The mag for the old Remington Mod 24 MIGHT fit, but I do not know if it will work.   has the Remington mags and a "new model" Browning ATD mag.

Check MARSTAR online in Canada be a source for the tube mag...this seems to be a fairly common problem with all versions of this rifle, no matter who made them.  Link;

Worse case, if NONE are available,  take the broken rifle to a GOOD gunsmith/machinist to either repair the original or fabricate a new piece...I have seen these guns selling for around $300 each recently, so it is certainly worth the money to get it fixed. Many years ago, I had a gunsmith make up a tube mag for an old, odd model Marlin .22 and it took a few days and about $30, but that was long ago...but I think it would be well worth the expense to give matching rifles to your kids.

Good luck with this.

( I have an old, odd model Winchester that was supposed to be a jammer, but with a 15 minute fix is now smooth as was well worth the effort.)

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Mark Schmidt

General questions relating to various handguns - shooting, recommendations and general information on older/antique Smith & Wesson, Colt and other US made and European made pistols and revolvers. I am NOT an expert collector, but I have had several hundred handguns over the last 45 years+. I have repaired and refurbished several and shot hundreds of various handguns, and I am pretty knowledgeable on them.

Started shooting in Cub Scouts at age 10. US Army veteran in the late 1960's. Owned several hundred handguns including revolvers and autoloading pistols made by Colt, Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Merwin Hulbert, H&R, Iver Johnson, Hopkins and Allen, Charter Arms and European pistols made by Mauser, Beretta, Star, Llama, Tanfoglio Guseppe, Dreyse 1907 and FN. I am mostly interested in and experienced with late 19th and all 20th century pistols, not current guns using plastic.

Have a degree in Social Work, with minors in Sociology and Fine Art (Painting)