Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports/manual

where can I get a manual for my western field m850a 22

Hello Lew.
  Not sure which manual you need. Is it a copy of the original care and maintenance manual that came with your Montgomery Wards Western Field M850A. 22 caliber semi-automatic rifle, or a parts repair manual? If it is the 'original', your chances are slim. You might check ebay.  Mossberg supplied the M850A for Wards. The model was the Mossberg 350, or 353. You can check with Havlin Sales at They carry some parts and manuals for Mossberg firearms. There is, also, Numrich Gun Parts at This web site, called Steves Pages at has free downloads of firearms manuals. You must have pdf and Adobe Reader. The Mossberg Model 353 is listed there.
  I hope this helps answer your question. Please take time to rate my response. Thanks again, Charles Gage

Hello Lew. Havlin Sales contacted me and they do have the manuals you asked about. They are away from their office until Jan. 23rd. Contact them and tell them what you need. They will send you copies of the manuals. Charles Gage

Guns, Firearms, Projectile Weapon Sports

Charles Gage

I can answer questions dealing with firearms and their development due to western expansion. I can answer most questions about any firearms of the world manufactured after the Civil War(1868 - present. I can offer safety warnings about these. I can offer opinions and the reasons behind these. I can also answer questions about Iver Johnson firearms. I can identify by pictures most firearms. If your question involves a firearm you have access to, please include a good quality photo with your question.

I have been at the study of firearms and their use since my first issue of Field and Stream in 1962.At that time I was completely devoted to rifles, but over the years I have experienced the thrill of the hunt with handguns, shotguns and of course rifles. I moved from Oklahoma to New Mexico in 1972 and, since, I have taken numerous game and non-game animals with all firearms (cannons excluded)including blackpowder muzzleloading rifles,shotguns and handguns. My favorite handgun for large non-game animals, such as feral hogs, is my Uberti replica of a 1847 Colt Walker. Very heavy, but accurate.

I am a 1973 high school graduate. Junior and senior year I developed a class on Wildlife Depredation and Conservation of our Rocky Mountain states. My specialty was the brown bear.

New Mexico Hunter Safety Program Instructor 15 year award.